Thursday, October 2, 2008

lots of orange

Breakfast this morning was dry oatmeal, a bit more than a tablespoon of peanut butter, and light fatfree key lime pie flavored yogurt. I refrigerated it overnight. If you haven't caught on yet, I like mixing things with yogurt =].
Mid-morning, I had a diet coke and a snack bag of baby carrots.
For lunch, I had a delicious turkey sandwich with provolone cheese and romaine. I ate this from around 11:00-11:15. That's something I have to work on--eating lunch before lunchtime and getting hungry later!
This afternoon, I had more baby carrots. The kind of bread that I used for my lunch was higher calorie but healthier than the bread that I usually use. I decided to make up for this by having lighter snacks.
After work, I had another diet coke and a pink lemonade crystal light. Dinner was cheese and a sweet potato with lots of cinnamon & about a tablespoon of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter:Mediterranean Blend.
I haven't counted calories for three days (obviously never did on binge days either) but still have gotten through. To me, that is a huge step. I can guestimate a snack or something just to make sure I don't go overboard but I'm not actually counting. It's liberating while it lasts. seriously. i never though i could get through a day doing well without counting every morsel.

It's good that there are no extra snacks or food at the location I've been working at this week. While it'd be nice to say that I would have done well even if I was sitting at home, I know that that's not true. Work is definitely helping. And, it's so slue (for now..) that I'm finally almost done reading Wicked. I love it!

No comments: